Friday 22 October 2010

Gorgeous cinematography - good films

<p>shinya kimura @ chabott engineering from Henrik Hansen on Vimeo.</p>

This one nearly won the doc category in the Vimeo festival. It was my favourite (not surprising) but was pipped to the post by Last Minutes with Oden, which also won best video. Oden is a great film. It's well shot, edited, I wanted to know more about the characters, I cared for them. But as straight reportage (and it is, it doesn't pose any real questions), I think it yanks the heartstrings too freely. Did I really need Bon Iver to impress on me the emotions of upset people performing an upsetting task? I don't think so. It should have been played straight.

<p>Last Minutes with ODEN from phos pictures on Vimeo.</p>

 

 

Posted via email from the antigob

No comments: