Wednesday 24 September 2008

The soundtrack of your life

I was talking to Rish of Being Beta the other day about how it’s often the oddest music that defines the key moments in your life. His argument is nobody ever had an epiphany to Dylan.

And if they did, well, they’re a big ol’ liar then aren’t they.

It made me think about the defining moments of my life and the music I associate them with. Only one readily springs to mind and it involves the birth of my son.


It was the morning after and naturally my mind was all over the place. I found myself wandering around the hospital looking for a coffee machine with another new father. Twenty six and a raver, he was still in that euphoric ‘I’m a Dad me, well mental’ stage and wearing a Leftfield ‘Rhythm & Stealth’ t-shirt. ‘Isn’t birth amazing!? Isn’t it awesome when their head pops out the fanny!’, he bellowed, waving his hands in the air. But all l I could think was ‘No way is their second album as good as Leftism’.

In my defence I had not had any sleep for 14 hours.

No comments: