Tuesday 12 August 2008

Boring school night, 1993.

Usually after dinner I’d go to my room, draw and listen to either John Peel or ‘Jive Alive’ (a more easy listening John Peel) on Hereward Radio. But not tonight. Tonight I watched ‘No Nirvana’.








Next day everybody had two questions:

When is the Rage Against The Machine album out?
What’s up with Perry Farrell’s mouth?


The following happened in my school:
The RATM album would be worn thin on the Common Room tape deck
More people would jump on the Pearl Jam bandwagon
Girls with cracked nail varnish and DMs started wearing over-sized sunglasses
I tried to get those Tommy Morrello sounds out of my guitar. My Dad told me to turn it down. I briefly wore my Tele high and flirted with the idea of going by the name Tommy, briefly.


Billy Corgan's jumper. Good Lord

1 comment:

BetaRish said...

Oh man, that was a beautiful programme. I think I jacked up an AV cable to the TV so I could put it on tape. Love 'Dollar Bill', 'Drunken Butterfly' and the Pumpkins were ace.

Good find!